The Hertz Corporation Sales Ledger / Banking Assistant - 3 month secondment in United States
Sales Ledger/Banking Assistant
Reports To/Line Manager
To ensure the month end sales and banking documents are correctly submitted to contribute towards the companies accurate monthly financial reporting. To manage the Sales, Invoicing and Banking process on a daily basis, ensuring standards are adhered to in a timely manner. To provide accounting support to team as required. To support in Finance Projects from research & design through to implementation, as required.
· Responsible for the daily banking activity ensuring payments in are allocated to the correct customer account in line with set timescales.
· Administer sales ledger importing & exporting of sales invoices to exchequer from the database. Ensure that invoices are applied to the correct sales accounts.
· Administer the processing of Sage Pay debit/credit card receipts.
· Administer the processing of write offs and allocation to customer accounts in line with agreed timescales.
· Investigate and resolve, to a satisfactory conclusion, all accounting issues relating to your remit.
· Maintaining the company Sage Pay records ensuring they are posted to exchequer weekly and reconciled monthly.
· Administer the set-up of new supplier accounts and changes as requested by Purchase ledger, ensuring all requests are in line with SOX Controls.
· Act as guardian to accounting data, ensuring all sales accounts are clean and up-to-date. Assist your line manager with the production of ad-hoc reports, as required.
· Provide support to the Transaction Accountant on a range of subjects, as and when required.
· Seek to improve control, mitigate risk and increase efficiencies in all elements of the role
· Experience of Accountancy
· Thorough in approach, practised in exercising diligence and precision
· Accomplished in an environment that requires a high level of integrity.
· Proficient in MS Office
· Communication skills
· Metrics production
· Proactive in approach
·Proficient in at least one Accountancy system.
· AAT qualified/part qualified
· Studying for AAT
· Experience of an expanding business
· Knowledge of Exchequer
Capable of planning, initiating and implementing robust processes and systems to assist in the organisation of self and others to consistently convey a professional image and standard.
Identifies where fellow team members need support and provides it. Ensures manager is supported, pro-actively providing guidance
Is instrumental in making changes to own roles processes / procedures to ensure maximum efficiency.
Sets clear goals and standards for self in support of Finances objectives. Committed to improving the effectiveness and value of Finance within the company.
Professional communication skills; written, aural and oral.
High degree of social skills when dealing with a range of people and situations.
Proficient in managing relationships, both internal and external, as and where required
# of Positions 1
Location: City Verwood
Posted Date 6/14/2017
Division Hertz Accident Support