The Hertz Corporation Manager Workforce Analytics in Chicago, Illinois
The Hertz Human Resources team has an opening for aManager Workforce Analyticsbased at ourWorld Headquarters in Estero, FL.
The primary mission of the Manager Workforce Analytics is to provide HR and Business functions with critical decision support tools and analytics that provide accurate and timely information about HR impact on business results. This role serves as a point of contact for business-driven HR KPIs. The incumbent translatesHertz business priorities into relevant measurements through a mix of short- and long-term HR KPIs, and conducts descriptive, predictive as well as prescriptive analytics for major global HR programs and initiatives. The incumbent quantifies opportunities to improve internal effectiveness and external competitiveness and evaluates impact of specific HR strategies and initiatives on business results.
Responsible to provide global measurement methods that quantifythe return on Hertz’s HR investments of global HR programs on financial results.
- Provides hand-on support for 'ad-hoc' and scheduled requests for all people related KPIs.
- Manages integration and use of business analytics on headcount, organizational performance metrics, and other key performance indicators.
- Ensures that HR metrics are relevant for business decision making based on global templates and standard analytics guidelines for global consistency.
- Proactively provides a consolidated view of global HR trends, demographics, and other data through easy to understand and action-oriented reports.
- Creates and manages predictive models and integration of global talent development model output, as appropriate, and establishes metrics to assess their effectiveness.
- Designs and implements analytics processes that show correlation between HR investments and financial results following EVA principles.
- Supports the implementation of HR metrics to measure the HR performance against business priorities and financial results.
- Uses data to identify people trends, patterns, issues and opportunities that impact both the business and HR. Gathers and analyses data to identify root causes of issues and trends.
- Drives HR reporting and analytics visualization through tableau and tableau server
- Drives internal collaboration, knowledge sharing and program coordination across all other HR functions for improving employee productivity and organizational effectiveness, and to achieve alignment across Hertz for global HR KPIs.
- Educates analytical resources and the HR community on the features, functions, and benefits of HR analytics.
- Works in cooperation with Finance to ensure HR metrics are aligned and integrated with key Finance indicators to drive financial growth.
- Provides expertise on global HR metrics and acts as a key support regarding the implementation of HR BI solutions.
Educational Background and Experience:
Master’s degree or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Organizational Psychology or a quantitative discipline plus a minimum of 3-5 years of work experience.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets using statistical software, such as SAS, R, Python and SPSS, to discover new business insights
- Excel and PowerPoint a must
- SQL Programming experience desired, tableau proficiency including tableau server a must
- Prior experience with building models, analyzing unstructured data
- Prior academic and work experience in statistics, with exposure to data structures and data visualization (tableau)
- Understanding of organization development and organization effectiveness concepts
- Ability and eagerness to be intimately involved with the businesses and contribute to business success.
- Ability to diagnose organizational problems and to build effective relationships with line managers.
- Ability to convince in situations without formal authority and to push back when appropriate.
- Ability to work efficiently in a global business culture and in an international matrix organization.
- Can work on a conceptual level and is also able to be pragmatic and results-oriented and do hands-on change activities.
- Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of Spanish and/or German is an advantage.
- Able and willing to travel.
- Good understanding of the industry, the fundamental business principles and its business drivers.
- Business process analysis, analytics principles and predictive analytics
- Expertise in data visualization tools, tableau proficiency is a must as well as analytical software
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and networking skills.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness, maturity, good analytical skills
- Fundamentals of project management
- At ease managing and effectively operating within a matrix organization
- Passionate about customer service
- Strategic Business Focus
- Make sound recommendations
- Courageous leadership
- Build relationships
- Drive for results
- Manage execution
Hertz is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or domestic partnership status, disability, protected veteran status or military status, genetic information, or any other category protected under applicable law. Hertz is committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment and advancement of minorities, women, persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type